This type of discrimination can take many forms. The important thing to remember is
that as a pregnant student in Colorado you are protected during your time on campus
and any concerns you have can be addressed and resolved.
Here are some examples of pregnancy-based discrimination:
- Anyone discouraging you from continuing your education because of your
- Being asked to leave sports teams, leadership, or campus clubs because
of your pregnancy.
- Professors or teachers not responding to your request for necessary
- Not being given an adequate amount of time to complete exams or
assignments after childbirth.
- Being asked to leave school housing while you’re pregnant.
- Negative comments about your future or pregnant status.
Here are a few more ways we can help:
- Introduce you to your rights as a pregnant student on campus.
- Help you facilitate conversations around absence or other
- Support communication with your parents, coaches or teachers regarding
- Provide email templates for notifying professors and teachers about your
- Provide assistance in documenting concerns or violations.
- Provide referrals for support throughout your pregnancy by connecting you
with organizations that provide prenatal care, diapers, housing, and
clothes for mom and baby.